The biggest mistake with shed designs is the toughest to avoid. Location Location Location! With placement being so important, it fills the top three issues to avoid. It sounds like we're talking about a business location but, we aren't. Sheds and their placement are critical to the feel and use of a yard. If placed in the wrong location, your outdoor shed could substantially reduce the function and feel of your backyard.
Sheds, Plans and Backyard Dangers
Since we know that placement of your shed is critical, make sure that you avoid placing it in the wrong location. A note to remember, the following guidelines are just that, guidelines. For every rule, there is an exception.
- Keep your shed out of the center of your yard. A pasture of green grass surrounding it will eliminate the positive effect of having an architectural element in the first place.
- Be careful of views. Consider views from all angles. Make sure that you don't block important views from the interior of your house. When working on your shed design, look from each room of the house with a view of your yard and how your shed affects your view.
- In fact, make sure that you don't block views from important areas within your backyard. Consider your backyard as you do your house. Each area has specific functions. These functions have relationships with each other.
- Make sure to maintain the flow of your backyard.
- Another issue that is easy to forget is placement relative to elevation. Make sure your shed is not at a low point in your backyard.
- Placement at a low point is a recipe for disaster. It's not like you will use your shed during a rainstorm. Standing water around your new architectural element can damage the integrity of the structure.
To find the best placement of your shed you will need to have a good feel for design, flow, and function. Remember, more mistakes are made with location than any other. In fact, most any other problem can easily be remedied or mitigated.
Start building amazing sheds the easier way with a collection of over 12,000 shed plans!
Depending upon your exact conditions, it may be difficult to pick up your shed and move it once you find that it is not ideally suited in the location that you have placed. Take care and careful consideration when working on your shed design.
[button color=”blue” size=”normal” alignment=”none” rel=”nofollow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://freecycleusa.com/fusa-shed-plans”]LEARN MORE![/button]